6.07.2011

Vacations Are Never Long Enough


Recently, I returned from a family vacation in Maui, Hawaii. As you'd expect, it was paradise. I took this opportunity of visiting paradise by photographing the scenery. Photographing Maui was challenging because I was trying not to shoot any cliche imagery you see representing Hawaii, like the beautiful palms on the beach and numerous hibiscus flowers. However, I discovered that those things are just unavoidable and by the end of the week I found my memory car full of floral and palm images. Turns out that these things I though to be somewhat cliche representations of Maui are truly what makes it so beautiful and unique. So, with mai tai in hand I embraced the beauty of the scenery around me and let go of trying to find some different way to photograph a place that's been photographed endlessly and loved for what it is.

To view my Maui photo album

No comments: