7.10.2011

A New Look For An Old Store

Glendale's Trader Joe's has been around for many years. Currently, I'm working on the task of re-designing the artistic visual components of the entire store. When I arrived at Glendale in late March, I was starting with literally a blank "cedar" canvas. Now with a new visual theme in place, the store is transforming one project at a time. It's been our goal to bring color, fun and the feel of the community into the new look. This entrance mural is a 3D picture inspired by the nearby foothills and native Californian wildlife. Every plant, letter, and animal is cut from mesonite panels and layered for a dramatic effect. The goal of this mural was to display color and neighborhood into a fun and easy to absorb piece. There is still a lot of work ahead of me in this design overhaul, but I expect that it should keep me occupied for the remainder of the year. Come by to see for yourself!

No comments: