8.06.2011

Looking Back to 2006

Trader Joe's at 3rd St. & La Brea Ave, Los Angeles
      
      Since I had completed many projects before I began this blog a few months ago, I will be taking occasional opportunities to look back on some of my career shaping highlights. This August marks the five year anniversary of my first commercial mural. I painted this mural at Trader Joe's in Los Angeles during an incredibly hot summer in 2006. The painting was a colorful montage of local city landmarks totaling nearly 480 sq ft! This mural still stands there today in it's original state, which is somewhat surprising considering the massive change this store location has gone through during this time. This Los Angeles montage remains one of my favorite works to date even though my painting and composition has developed significantly over these years.

No comments: