1.27.2012

Tar Pits Park Photograph Series

 
 
     I finished my series of Tar Pits Park digital photographs this past fall in 2011. This was a series I had been working on for a couple years while living in the Miracle Mile District. I would regularly take walks to the park for serenity, creativity and inspiration. The scent of tar smells of home and relaxation. My urban aromatherapy if you will. Now that the series is complete and I've moved to another part of town, the tar pits park resonated nostalgia in my mind.
      My inspiration for this series stems from how tar connects us, the living, to the dead of the last Ice Age. Our current environment interacts with the tar in ways that are individual to each element of the park. Tar is beautiful in all of its forms and takes on a glistening reflection of its colorful surroundings. Tar can be dark and mysterious holding the mysteries of the past, or rainbow and organic; coating and floating on the current day.

To view the series go to http://www.kcoulourides.com/TarPitsPark.html

No comments: