3.29.2011

Mural Mayhem Begins Again

     After I had began to have tendinitis and nerve problems in my arm last fall from too much painting, I was sure that I'd be taking a step back from this arduous work. But now it seems that I'll be starting another series of murals for Trader Joe's in Glendale. I've spent the last two weeks researching and sketching the proposed murals for the store and tomorrow I begin the execution of my designs. This store has not had a complete overhaul of decor in many years, so the job that awaits me is rather large.

 Hollywood &Vine Trader Joe's Parking Structure Level 1
    I had thought that I'd be finishing off my mural career for Trader Joe's earlier this year, where my last mural, a graphic parody of the famous Coconut Grove, totaled 2,000 square feet. By far the largest mural I'd painted in my 6 year career. The second largest totaling only 525 square feet. It took a few months to complete considering I took some time of work for my repetitive motion injury. Even though painting is no longer my primary interest as a career, I am still excited to be designing another store with artwork that will be different from everything I've done so far. I'm certainly grateful to still be painting especially since it comes with benefits!

(Mural continued from previous picture)

No comments: